The purpose and scope of this policy statement
The Pet Professional Network works with Pet Professionals to provide all aspects of business support. These include: providing businesses with the very best advice in all aspects of marketing, mindset and personal development and collaborating with organisations and service providers to raise the standards of the industry.
The purpose of this policy statement is:
- To protect adults who receive Pet professional’s services.
- To provide Members and volunteers with the overarching principles that guide our approach to adult protection.
This policy statement applies to anyone working on behalf of the Pet Professional Network, those who work in collaboration and all Members.
This policy has been drawn up on the basis of legislation, policy and guidance that seeks to protect all members (national and international). A summary of the key legislation and guidance is available from www.petpronetwork.com
We believe that:
- Adults should never experience abuse of any kind
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all adults, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.
We recognise that:
• The welfare of every adult is paramount
• All adults, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation have a right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
• Some adults are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues
• Working in partnership with other organisations is essential in promoting our Member’s welfare.
We will seek to keep vulnerable adults and members safe by:
• Valuing, listening to and respecting them.
• Appointing a nominated adult protection lead member for safeguarding.
• Developing adult protection and safeguarding policies and procedures which reflect best practice.
• Using our safeguarding procedures to share concerns and relevant information with agencies who need to know, and involving our Members.
• Creating and maintaining an anti-bullying environment and ensuring that we have a policy and procedure to help us deal effectively with any bullying that does arise.
• Developing and implementing an effective online safety policy and related procedures.
• Sharing information about adult protection and safeguarding best practice with our members and via leaflets, posters, group work and one-to-one discussions.
• Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made.
• Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support, training and quality assurance measures.
• Implementing a statement of ethics and terms and conditions for our team, members and volunteers.
• Using our procedures to manage any allegations against staff and volunteers appropriately.
• Ensuring that we have effective complaints and whistleblowing measures in place.
• Ensuring that we provide a safe physical environment for our Members and volunteers, by applying health and safety measures in accordance with the law and regulatory guidance.
• Recording and storing information professionally and securely.
Related policies and procedures
This policy statement should be read alongside our organisational policies and procedures, including:
• Procedures for responding to concerns about an adult’s wellbeing
• Dealing with allegations of abuse of adults
• Role of the designated safeguarding officer
• Managing allegations against staff, members and volunteers
• Safer recruitment and membership policy and procedures
• Staff, team and volunteer’s supervision ratios
• Code of conduct for Members
• Anti-bullying policy and procedures
• Online safety policy and procedures for responding to concerns about online abuse
• Photography and image sharing guidance
• Adult protection records retention and storage policy
More information about what these policies and procedures should include is available from www.petpronetwork.com
Pet Professional Network Helpline:
07554427857 (available 9 am till 5 pm Monday to Thursday, 9 am till 3 pm Friday)
We are committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.
This policy was last reviewed on: 09/01/2020
Signed: Helen Motteram